Our Environmental Policy
Sugar Noms Environmental Policy
Last Reviewed : 12/05/2021
Sugar Noms are owned and run by vegans.
- We recognise that we can be responsible business owners to the environment, way beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
- We use fully recycled materials where possible, carbon neutral plant based packaging and vegan adhesives/ink on our stickers and tape.
- We reuse or recycle packaging and other materials from our manufacturers and deliveries or pass them onto local upcycling charities.
- Our disinfectants and other cleaning equipment is all cruelty free wherever possible. We have worked with Environmental Health on finding alternatives that satisfy both them and us.
- We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy.
- We will encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Sugar Noms endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impact.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
Paper and packaging supplies
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
- Our tape, labels and seals are all vegan and 100% recyclable.
- Our boxes, pouches and bags are 100% recyclable.
- Our postal bags are made out of carbon neutral material and are 100% recyclable.
- Our storage containers are reused and once unfit for purpose, upcycled into other projects.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible, vegan and cruelty free with the leaping bunny logo.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review any related business issues as and when required and our policy will be reviewed annually.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the local community.